Hard working web strategist with a background in Journalism and 11 years of experience supporting partners and contributing to the development of an online student mentoring platform. Seeking to leverage expertise in website management, user support, and content creation in a web strategy centered role.
- CMS: WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Drupal
- Internet: Website management, quality assurance testing, backlog management, HTML, Pivotal Tracker, Slack, Freshdesk
- Marketing: Mailchimp, Salesforce
- User Experience: UX research and optimization
- Analytics: Google Analytics, adwords, search engine optimization, conversion optimization
- Communication: Strong written and verbal skills, project management
Web Services Manager, EduGuide November 2007 – October 2019
- Introduced user support methodologies, including the implementation of an online helpdesk solution called Freshdesk, user support procedures, and rules for escalating technical issues.
- Responded to and helped site members with issues or questions about the website via the phone, email, and online ticketing system.
- Researched, wrote and continually updated articles for the user knowledgebase which explained how features of the website worked.
- Served as an advocate for users and recruited beta testers. Gathered input from panel of 20 beta testers using testing scenarios, surveys, and user studies.
- Implemented a monthly parents’ newsletter for site members using Mailchimp
- Facilitated on-site visits, team launches, and met with school administrators as an EduGuide representative. Resolved questions and promoted EduGuide in person.
- Planned, produced, and edited user video tutorials. Helped to increase EduGuide’s reach by producing multimedia communications materials and distributing them via EduGuide.org, YouTube, and social media platforms.
- Guided or managed webinars/teleconferences. Identified and then implemented a teleconferencing service. Coordinated with two other staff members on the production of a series of weekly teleconferences. Served as producer and technical support for teleconference. Managed the setup and production of a series of webinars. Served as a moderator during webinars.
- Streamlined the process for developing and publishing path content. Entered path content into the website and generated supporting graphics. Proofread and participated in the development of path content prior to publication.
- Collaborated on projects with the Ford, University of Chicago, Raikes Foundation, Michigan Department of Education, and GEAR UP.
- Implemented changes which improved the site’s accessibility. Researched and then implemented the best methods for adding Closed Captioning to videos on EduGuide.org. Collaborated on web based glossary for ELL students.
Conference Room Support Technician, Dow Chemical/SPL October 2003 – April 2007
- Assisted video conference room meeting and training session facilitators with their issues or questions via the phone.
- Coordinated with field technicians on the diagnosis and resolution of hardware or software issues inside conference rooms.
- Connected phone and video calls between multiple teleconference rooms and ensured that meetings ran smoothly.
- Supported training rooms inside the Employee Development Center.
Web Developer & PR Assistant, Special Olympics Michigan January 2001 – April 2003
- Redesigned the Special Olympics of Michigan website.
- Directed staff on the planning and implementation of website changes.
- Organized athlete awards banquets. Selected keynote speakers and selected decorations.
- Selected, invited and assisted celebrities during the state games.
- Photographed athletic competitions.
- Public relations chair for Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival. Maintained the SMSF website and social media channels since April 2009. Photograph events during the festival. Directed team of students in the implementation of a public relations plan.
- Vice President for the Shepherd Area Historical Society since October 2017. Maintain the society’s website and Facebook profile. Respond to inquiries from the public.
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief of news website The Mid Michigan Journal. Lead group of moderators in community centered Facebook groups.
- Technical consultant for the Mid Michigan Community Pathways organization from October 2014 until January 2016. Advised on strategy. Developed the organization’s WordPress site.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Science Journalism, Central Michigan University
- Attended Annual World Usability Day conferences at MSU