Hard working IT Professional with a background in Journalism and 11 years of experience supporting partners and contributing to the development of an online student mentoring platform. Seeking to leverage expertise in website management, technology, and content creation in a user centered role.
- CMS: WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Drupal
- Internet: Website management, quality assurance testing, backlog management, HTML, Pivotal Tracker, Slack, Freshdesk
- Marketing: Mailchimp, Salesforce
- User Experience: UX research and optimization
- Analytics: Google Analytics, adwords, search engine optimization, conversion optimization
- Communication: Strong written and verbal skills, project management
Web Services Manager, EduGuide November 2007 – October 2019
Applied background in Journalism and expertise in user support, case management, technical writing, and video editing towards organization’s mission of building an online mentoring platform. Implemented a user support system and worked with partners to resolve website related questions and issues. Streamlined the web development process with the introduction of new tools and Coordinated with the team of graphic designers and web developers on the implementation of new features, code changes, and user interface improvements on the website including closed captioning, online curriculum delivery system, and a goal management tool. Recruited and directed group of beta testers on the assessment of EduGuide.org.
Conference Room Support Technician, Dow Chemical/SPL October 2003 – April 2007
Resolved employees’ technical issues and questions via the phone and connected meetings over audio and video conferencing bridge. Managed team’s internal knowledgebase. Provided hands on software and hardware support inside Employee Development Center.
Web Developer & PR Assistant, Special Olympics Michigan January 2001 – April 2003
Facilitated multiple Special Olympics programs including banquets, athlete awards, and celebrities. Photographed competitions. Implemented redesign of the organization’s website and launched a new monthly email newsletter.
- Public relations chair for Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival. Maintained the SMSF website and social media channels since April 2009. Photograph events during the festival. Directed team of students in the implementation of a public relations plan.
- Vice President for the Shepherd Area Historical Society since October 2017. Maintain the society’s website and Facebook profile. Respond to inquiries from the public.
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief of news website The Mid Michigan Journal. Lead group of moderators in community centered Facebook groups.
- Technical consultant for the Mid Michigan Community Pathways organization from October 2014 until January 2016. Advised on strategy. Developed the organization’s WordPress site.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Science Journalism, Central Michigan University
- Attended annual World Usability Day conferences at MSU